Friday, March 02, 2007

The Rolling Stones On Top Of The Pops: Let's Spend The Night Together ('67)


We loved Top of the Pops when I was little. In this episode, an almost-baby-faced Mick Jagger dances his peacock dance and sings Let's Spend The Night Together while the balance of the Stones are near-motionless, really; a troupe of wooden garden gnomes holding instruments would seem more animated. My memory of this Stones appearance is a fairly shapely one, and I can see them on our television screen, black and white ghosts boxed up and hovering in the low sixties greenness of our living room. So I must have watched it when it aired, from which fact I can also deduce that this excellent Top of the Pops ran in the early part of 1967, right before we left England, never to live there again.

Bon Weekend, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment