Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Pride

I am off to help out at the nearby Obama office--working the phones or knocking on doors, or both--but I wanted to pop my head in the door to say how proud I am today.

Proud of all the wonderful people I've met--in grocery store lines, at parent events, and while out on the town--who get it. Proud of my fellow liberals; proud of the many conservatives I know who are putting country before party and voting for a Democrat for the first time. Proud of our extraordinary, brilliant, history-making candidate, Barack Obama. Proud of my American husband and my American children.

Proud of America.

I'll be back this evening with observations (and maybe even a few photos). Go and vote! And if you've already voted, volunteer as much as you're able--even if it's just giving a neighbor a ride to the polls.

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment