Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Death (Metal) of Summer



Son One--age 16--has always liked a wide array of music genres (hmmm, I wonder why?), some of which I prefer him to keep between him and the iPod headset. Yes, I've become that mother. The laundry-doing one who, after folding the seventeenth black t-shirt sporting some variant of horned beast and a reference to the underworld in gothic font, wonders if she ought to hold a Bic lighter aloft: We salute you, oh Dark Lord.

So I was skeptical of Son One's Death Metal recommendation yesterday. That stuff is a bit, um, after my era. I don't always get it. It's...it's...too loud. Sometimes, okay? Sometimes.

This time, however, Son One appears to have broken through my biases.

I present to you Children of Bodom, also known as Alexi Laiho and Roope Latvala of Finland, playing the Summer movement from Vivaldi's Four Seasons on their guitars.

Be impressed and amazed. I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment