Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I break for Beauty


Photo by Tommy Eliassen / Barcroft Media

This breathtaking shot  is just one of many surreal images of the Northern Lights in Norway that are featured in today's Telegraph.
It's Finals Week at the boys' school, so our schedules--such as they are--have been thrown off somewhat, and certain lads who shall remain nameless are acting as though they're already on vacation, despite constant reminders to study and get to bed early.
If I've ever been more excited to see the end of a week (and term and year), well, I certainly can't remember.  Not that I am a fan of Florida's summers, mind you.  Ugh.  I'm just a fan of writing late at night and sleeping until it's truly light outside, you know?
So while I wait for the first round of exams to be over today, I'll think of the Northern Lights and try to imagine chill, salt-flecked breezes and the sensation of deep quiet.
Got an inspiring, beautiful link for me?  Share it in comments, please (invitations to extend my nonexistent man-bits are excepted, dear spammers).
(H/T Melissa

1 comment:

  1. I find beauty in the sounds of nature, and this is one of my favourite pieces to listen to. I hope you enjoy it, too.

    If you like it, Mark has many more excellent recordings to choose from.

    ReplyDelete