Saturday, May 09, 2009

Friday Saturday Frank: I am the Slime; SNL, 1976



As ever, Maestro Zappa was ahead of just about everyone, calling attention to the mind-control aspects of the dread Teevee. (However, the irony of FZ decrying television while appearing on television is not completely lost on your caffeine-deficient hostess, thankyouverymuch.)

Bon Weekend, everyone!

I am gross and perverted;
I’m obsessed and deranged.
I've existed for years,
But very little has changed.
I'm the tool of the government
And industry too--
For I am destined to rule
And regulate you.

I may be vile and pernicious,
But you can’t look away;
I make you think I’m delicious
With the stuff that I say.
I am the best you can get;
Have you guessed me yet?
I am the slime oozin’ out
From your tv set!

You will obey me while I lead you,
And eat the garbage that I feed you
Until the day that we don’t need you;
Don’t go for help...no one will heed you.
Your mind is totally controlled--
It has been stuffed into my mold,
And you will do as you are told
Until the rights to you are sold.

That’s right, folks..
Don’t touch that dial!

Well, I am the slime from your video
Oozin’ along on your living room floor.

I am the slime from your video;
Can’t stop the slime, people, look at me go.

Also at Cogitamus.

No comments:

Post a Comment